Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hardwood Floors





I installed the laminated flooring. I learned it by watching the video I got from Home Depot where we got all our Pergo planks as well. Pergo is the right choice, its inexpensive and has a 25 year warranty - that just guarantees it will last for a long while. Its also easy to maintain, all you do is wipe it with wet or dry cloth.

We removed all the carpets first and had to tore them down to pieces to fit in our common garbage bin. I then put the foam padding to keep the moisture out. I also have to put a 1/2 inch allowance on edges to allow expansion during hot weather.

Laying the planks was easy, the hard part was getting the exact measurement because one single mistake can lead to redoing the whole thing. Just like what happened to our dining area, I was off by 1/2"!

The area that also required precised measurements are the staircases. You need to consider the spaces for the nosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment